In the east, sesame seeds are used commonly in cooking: as seeds, powder and oil. In Chinese Medicine, the life sprouts from these seeds, miraculously builds strengthens, lubricates the body inside out, and extends our health to its maximum potential. A great daily TCM supplement.
- Lubricates organs: lubricate the bowels, nourishes hair, skin, and chronic dry cough.
- Strengthens one’s overall health: energy, bone’s density, and improves memory.
Traditional Medicinal Uses in TCM
- Anemia, causing dry skin, brittled hair and fatigue: grind a handful of raw black sesame seeds and sprinkle a tablespoon into oatmeal, steam with rice, or take with a glass or warm water. Eat daily, once a day for at least a month.
- Old-age constipation (low metabolism): ground a handful of roasted black sesame seeds and walnuts and mix with sea salt. Use when cooking, a great substitution for salt. Use daily.
- Strengthens the bones and retain memories: eat 1~2 sesame cookies daily (recipe from previous post)
Like any other good oils, it is advised to take in moderation.